Monday, July 18, 2005

Who's to blame?

Some of you may claim the first amendment for this, but take a look at the young man’s life and the parent’s statements.

"He was brought up in church, and he knows right from wrong," Doc Staley said.

So who is to blame? The church? I do not think so; man has been and will always be evil!

Doc Staley said his son has been "floundering around" since dropping out of high school. "This is where the drinking came in. And he's not very good at it," the father said.

Next, the parents? If a kid drops out of high school most likely it is the environment that has caused and allows him to rebel. So in short yes, I would blame the parents.

Now about the drinking thing, the parents comment “he is not very good at it.” Well duh….. he is underage an in addition I do not believe that I have ever meet a drunk who could handle mass amounts of alcohol without acting like a buffoon. And yes, my pervious experiences as a Marine make me an expert on that subject, both from observations and consumption to include, being the buffoon on occasions.

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Jar(egg)head said...

And yes, my pervious experiences as a Marine make me an expert on that subject, both from observations and consumption to include, being the buffoon on occasions.

While lots of personal anecdotes concerning Fundy come to mind to support this statement, I will refrain from commenting in the interest of avoiding self-incrimination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home